It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:07 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: New Swift (2005+ model) owners introduce yourself here!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:07 am 

With the influx of new Swift owners on the rise, and so many threads popping up with people wanting to show off their cars, I thought it would be a good idea to start a sticky thread for newbies to announce themselves. ;)

So, tell us about yourself, your new Swift, and how you found the site.

Oh, and welcome to RedlineGTi! 8)

Last edited by [YLD80Y] on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: 05 swift
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:47 pm 

Hi all, im new to the site and what a great site it is i must say.

I have a silky silver manual swift with cruise and 16x6.5 Titanium alloys (legal). Bought it in july '05. Havent done anything to it as yet but wish to lower it and give it a sports exhaust.
A turbo would be good but trying to justify the price it is hard to get my head around as i would imagine it would cost almost half the price of the car itself.
Ive done about 9000k in it so far and must say its a great car, you get plenty of looks and other people with a swift always coment on how do find it.

Cheers Tim....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:58 pm 

Welcome Tim! If you're after info on turbocharging your Swift then I would check out what is possibly the first turbo new Swift in Australia, or the world for that matter:

http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/vts.18204.0.htm

Post subject: swift turbo
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:17 pm 

Cheers for that YLDBOY.

I have read these posts on dwdaves turbo swift but nothing has been posted about price of installing a turbo and all the bits and im sure someone has asked.
Maybe supercharging could be a better way to go although it aint cheap either although what performance is cheap if it good.
CAPA do superchargers for the excel for a little under $5k but i dont think that is fitted
The thought of the turbo with a nice blow off valve would be awesome though.
thanks for pointing it out to me.

cheers Tim...

Post subject: hi!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:00 pm 

hi!
just registered, a friend (Swift05) told me about this site and i just bought a new swift about 2 weeks ago. its a silver one, auto and with the upgrade stereo. just had it lowered last week and got 17" mantis rims on it. its so beautiful, i love it. its my baby :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:41 pm 

my names gav and its my turn i got my swift at the end of june its the blue colour its been lowered its got 17x6.5 xhp mags i installed 2 kicker subs with a 800watt monoblock amp with green furr on the box its got under car neons that are multicolor wiper jet neons green parker globes and number plate globes, green seat covers, windows tinted 5%,its also got a sports canon on it and a southern cross sricker on the back number plate is DVL-15l if you see me around give us a wave,
its just dont 14500k"s and going hard top speed so far was 175kg trying to catch a gt forester

oh and i forgot its got a sports canon at the back aswell

Last edited by DSWIFT_2U on Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:26 am 

I am a New Suzuki Swift owner as of about 2 weeks ago.

My previous car was a Suzuki Ignis Sport, kinda miss it though.

Post subject: New Swift (2005+ model) owners introduce yourself here!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:20 pm 

Hey all,

Just fell across this site while i was looking for information on the proposed New Swift Sport and GTi. I got my 05 Swift (Bert) in December and he has already done 6k km and is still going strong! Although he is stock-as-a-rock, i love him and have a few plans! :twisted: hehe. Can't wait to start on my little project, just trying to wear him in at the moment, but i hope to be starting soon! I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:42 pm 

Hey, the missus and I just purchased a brand new bluish black Suzuki Swift, due any day now. A few things will be done to it when it arrives, but not too much, we got this as one car to save money for our wedding!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:53 pm 

hi all i'm from indonesia, just had my Swift Bluish Black, :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:48 pm 

Ok time for the oldies!

My swift is the silky silver colour. Stock as rock! Bought in march 2005. Front headlight protectors, mud flaps, floor mats, rear spoiler, tinted windows, alarm upgrade. no mods done as yet other then the head lights (4000k Phillips).

Future mods:

*17x7 wheels but thinking of 18" too.
*i might lower it (i dont want the wheels to rub. So i might not do this mod)
*canon tip & exhaust from the engine
*im thinking of extractors
*indash DVD player
*front splits
*rear 2 or 3 way speakers
*12" sub in box
*1 x speaker amp
*1 x sub amp
*interior

*then hoping to win the lottory to be able to pay off my debt because of the mods :lol:

Post subject: minifreak1 swift
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:11 pm 

Hi all my names Brien.
I took hold of my swift just b4 xmas 2005.
paid $18.000 even bourght stock modle but had them fit spot lights to it and i got the alloy pedel kit plus mats for free.
I was happy.
the day b4 i got it i went to mag wheel and tyer center and ordered my 17x7 alloys witch are advanti scud usa series with hankook 215/40/17 tyers.
I then ordered king springs for it witch i think it needed just to set of the wheels.

ive since added a small stereo install witch consists of ...

standard cd deck
ive added a digital interface splicing unit witch allows you to keep the steering wheel controls but allows you to add front and rear speakers,amps,subs etc....sound quality is good...
ive also added new front speakers witch are MB Quarts reference series 6 1/2 inch plus soundstream spl's 6 1/2 inch in the rear doors.
Ive got 2 12 inch phinixgold x max carbon fiber subs and three amps so far ...2 are phinixgold xs2500 series and the other is a ppi sadona series.
Ive also got a phinixgold bass cube , a lightening audio 1 farad cap,phinix gold cuircuit bracker mounted ontop of the battery.

other add on's will be a new sub box witch is 1/2 designed and will be a fibber glass item....and i wish to fit the suzuki sport stainless steel muffler from japan as well once i find a supplier for it in aussy land,and iether a pair of recaros or sparcos in the front, would consider fitting a power chip once my warrenty is over and stiffer shcks as i think the standard items are just too soft....ohh yes and a sunroof apart form that, that will be it as i am just starting a new mini project soon so i plan to concertrate on this.

cant wait to go to some suzuki swift cruises in melbourne and see what other people have done to there cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:36 pm 

hey minifreak i am taking delivery of my new swift next week(suposedly) but am set on 17s but really am afraid that if i get king springs it will scrub the tyres all the time, i just wanted to know what yours is like even with 2 people in back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:01 pm 

ill be completly ohenest with you....the other day i had two people in the car one in passanger seat the other in the back and it was hitting all the time....and ill add its not a nice hit as with 215's the tyers are too wide so it dosent go under the guard as it goes up and down.it hits on the outer art of guard..also my sub box weighs around 45kg...basicily a small person....so my car sits lower than normal in the rear. it would not hit with the box out of the car as ive driven it with out the box and its fine even with a person in back but do remember as i said b4 the shocks are soft so if you go over a bump it may rub a little...but not all the time....
if you are concerned just by the springs and fit them and see ...you can allways ring up king springs and order a custom set for the rear say 25mm lower not 30???this is what im considering doing if i cant make a sub box witch is light enough for the boot.suzukisport in japan sell lower spring 20 mm low ???there listed on there site.
good luck...hope you get them...as after a little rubbinghere and there the look is fantastic once they are lowered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:47 am 

Hi all,

Swifty_NZ. Azure [Gunmetal] grey. Bought 'er mid-2005 immediately after first seeing Suzuki's TV ad.

Minor stuff so far:

- Clarion CeNET iPod adaptor for factory stereo [uses steering wheel remotes]
- Beltronics RX65 radar detector, discrete mounting [legal in NZ]
- 15" HD plastic snow chains from Japan for use when going snowboarding. [These actually look kinda cool when on, they're black/fluoro orange]
- A tiny ding in the drivers door which pi$$es me off every time I look at it!

future plans:

- K&N drop-in filter
- Stainless sports muffler
- Sub tube
- 17" alloys + springs
- paintless dent removal of annoying ding in door!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:01 pm 

minifreak would it help if you rolled the guards would that stop the rubbing ,cos isnt that what a lot of lowered cars get done?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:44 pm 

coolkid wrote:
minifreak would it help if you rolled the guards would that stop the rubbing ,cos isnt that what a lot of lowered cars get done?

You need to be carefull you get that done at. I got it done on my starlet and the paint was cracked under the panel. before i sold it i realised that there was rust building up wher the cracks where. You can even do it.. get a rubber hammer and slowly roll it in. Bt as i said go to a good panel beater to do it. My mates swift got the guards rolled and the paint cracked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:13 pm 

i wouldnt get guards rolled....main reason is when its done the paint does crack....very rare if it dosent...would rarther get 205 tyers and see what happens....im pritty sure the tyer would go under the guard and not hit the edge of it.it just hits anyway....not much....and ive looked and cant see any rubbing iether so it must be just hitting ...
im not to concerned....as i no my hitting problem will be fixed once stiffer adjustable shocks go on...once there available for the swift...just hope koni make them to suit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:43 pm 

is your only problem the guard rubbing or does the suspension bottom out as well and in your opinion would i still be alright getting the king springs with no plans to get shocks i mean i only plan on keeping the car for 2 years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:51 pm 

car dosent bottom out it just hits now and again going over big bumps....
but im sure if i went over a huge hole at some stuppid speed it may bottom out???bottom line fitting kings springs lowered items is ok...if you dont have any serious weight in the car it wont hit guards.
if concerned fit 205 not 215 tyers as this may help a little...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next