It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paint Protection Bat Poop!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:02 am 

Yeah i'm thinking of getting it done, the finishes look good but is this just another take your money Rip off product :roll: be nice if we could find someone who has had it done :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:34 pm 

Just on Google :) nothing to amazing..

Hey the version of PHPBB has been updated =D>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:35 am 

They have offered to do the job on Saturday 9am , I'm now booked in
Horah! :mrgreen:

Should take around an 1hr so I've been told to complete the job, seems after month's I've finally been fixed up.. Hopefully [-X

Find out when it gets done #-o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:11 am 

Gomo wrote:
seems after month's I've been totally stitched up.. [-X

Fixed. :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:56 am 

smartie,

will post outcome when the work is completed, then pretty sure after I have that complete few more months I need to get the entire car re applied again =P~ due after 12months of application yay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:50 pm 

The moral of this story is do not bother with paint protection, just wash and polish your car regularly with good quality products.
Please lock thread [-o<

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:42 pm 

I've learned my lesson as well instead of buying paint protection for a car I'm gassing my bats.
Go to the source if you want to get the job done :)

Noc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:25 pm 

:D They have set me up with a local dealership in brisbane to get my paint protection assesments done easier..

I took the Car in on Saturday at 9am and they had finished the coat by 10am, bonet looks all clean, and they even put tyre shine on my wheels!

Job well done only took around 5 Month's to receive this outcome =D>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:46 pm 

Gomo wrote:
I took the Car in on Saturday at 9am and they had finished the coat by 10am, bonet looks all clean, and they even put tyre shine on my wheels!

Do you have a receipt? I'm interested to see if they used fairy dust or pixie s**t. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:54 am 

They're still in the process of sending me that in the mail, as it was not ready when I was up there that moring #-o

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:23 am 

So the saga continues [-X .............................This is like a series of 'The young and the Restless'.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:24 am 

yes except this is much more boring!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:21 pm 

It never ends huh? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:54 pm 

Far out, I just read each and every page of this epic saga, thanks for the entertainment!! But glad to hear its mostly sorted out in the end...I wouldn't have hung on for so long though. I would have kicked heads a LLOOOONGG time ago!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:55 pm 

I'm Somehow Invited! YAY :^o

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:47 am 

Hey don't scoff at such an AmAzInG offer!!!

I'll go if you don't want to, just let me jump on my flying carpet and... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:56 am 

Umm is there something I'm missing? The BBQ the offer of a free service or the "company" merchandise?

Noc

Post subject: Re: Main Event Sale invitation
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:08 am 

Nocturne wrote:
Umm is there something I'm missing? The BBQ the offer of a free service or the "company" merchandise?

Noc

I don't want to deflate anyone's balloon here, but most dealers participate in these "Main Event" promotions. It's no big deal to receive an invitation, as you're on their customer database if you have bought something from them where they took your details. You've probably seen the hessian fencing around the yard and the "invitation only" stuff, to make you feel special. I really bet that they're going to turn you away if you rock up without an invitation on one of these days :)

With regard to the "freebies", the chances are that you'll receive a $50 service voucher to be used the next time that you take your car to their "golden spanners" workshop. There are a few dealership merchandise items (very few) in the lucky dip box. If you're in the area, they do have free sausage sizzles and soft drinks, but hardly worth the effort if you have to travel any distance.

These promotions cost the dealers thousands of dollars, and are usually designed to stimulate business when things are a bit quiet. It's all about the hype, and all staff are given the big rev up before the doors open. Of course they're going to let you think that there's "special pricing - today only"...do the maths- there's only so much that they have to play with, and chances are that you'll do just as good a deal during the last week of the month when they're trying to make their targets.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:11 pm 

Gomo, I am sure you or anyone else who's posted here would hope this thread finally died, but reading your story I just thought I would post some ideas about how you might prevent things like this happening to you in future. It's good that your attitude is you have a nice girl in your life so all is good, because truly that sort of stuff is a lot more important than any car. But, considering what you went through, here's my $0.02

When you look at something like the bat sh*t and decide if someone else should fix it, decide there and then what you are prepared to accept as a solution. Write down everything, in a letter to the Dealer Principal, with the heading "WITHOUT PREJUDICE" (means you are not prevented from going them further legally if things don't get resolved) afer the Dear Mr Whoever ... Tell them clearly what you expect them to do, at their expense. Provide your contact details and the timeframe you are prepared to allow to them to resolve the issue (say 14 days or so)

Call them and tell them you want to speak to someone who handles product complaints, and write down the person's name / date / time and a diary note of what you said, and politely ask for their fax number and say you are sending them an explanation of your problem. Let them do all the work, to-and-fro and bulls*tting - all you want is confirmation they are on the job.

If they later responded to try to rely on the fine print saying bat sh*t is not covered, you would return another response explaining that when their representative outlined the benefits of the product you paid for, you like any reasonable person, assumed it gave protection from everyday mishaps and the exclusion of certain events was never made clear to you (that's assuming it wasn't) and you entered into the Agreement based on the advice of their representative. You also assumed the product would be 'fit for the purpose it is intended' - ie. protecting paintwork. Tell them you are offering them one further opportunity to correct the situation, will allow a further 5 working days for them to confirm they will resolve the issue at their expense, otherwise you will pass on the matter and all attached correspondence to the Department of Fair Trading to seek resolution. (Most claims under $5,000 can be settled quite easily and cheaply by making a small claim).

All of the above would have taken maybe 2 hours of your effort to more than likely arrive at the same resolution which took months to achieve. If you had signed something with exclusions on it, the Dept Of Fair Trading still leans massively on the side of the consumer if you appear to be reasonable.

The car sales industry, like any other industry with low margins where sales people are wholly or partly paid by commission, the consumer is a target for sales tactics to increase their earnings and improve the profit they make from dealing with you. Hence long-legged blonde chicks in short skirts selling you products because they are miraculously paint protection and window tint experts. Unfortunately when giving you a huge discount 'today only' on add-on products, they don't always remember to tell you the full facts about what they are selling you, even if they do know stuff like paint protection is a waste of time. (A friend is a panel beater with 20 years experience who works on prestige cars for collectors. He recommended Body-Fix Poly Brite which is a polymer sealant/wax, applied with some decent lint free cloth - whole lot costs about $40 for enough to last 20 or more treatments) is as good as any other treatment. I have done our Swift Sport twice in the last year and it still looks like new.

I used the site www.carbroker.com.au to compare quotes when I was buying, and their site includes links explaining exactly how the car sales industry works. Next time you are spending tens of thousands of your hard-earned's on a car, I'd suggest read up on that to be prepared about how you might be treated.

And I don't mean to say every individual in car sales is as described above. MSport a member on here for example was great to deal with, because he doesn't fit the mould of many of the others. I'd suggest talk to someone like him next time you're thinking of buying.

Glad you ended up with a new paint job ! Next time hopefully it won't take as much work on your part.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:26 pm 

Thank you for your further input! I'll take into account everything you've said incase there is a second time coming :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next