It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:51 pm 

gogogadget wrote:

Now to my point where should I search for a tent! shelter for the car? :) I've checked super cheap and bunnings but no go..
I do stock-take work at supercheap and they should have car tents for sure. I've seen them there. Maybe ask one of the assistants, they love answering questions, HAHAHA :)

Yes they had a tent but far out thats abit to big wouldnt you think? :P it was pritty cheap $129 i think, only problem was figuring out how to keep it on the ground? because it would be setup on the side bit of the driveway where theres hard gravel surface that was layed, how would u do it!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:34 pm 

These shelters are not designed to be permanent structures. It would be wise to use them temporarily. With winter weather in full swing, winds are becoming stronger. The shelter could lift up and in the process scratch your car big time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:58 am 

yeah true, this is why I have come to the conclusion not to worry any longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:27 am 

sexuki wrote:
These shelters are not designed to be permanent structures. It would be wise to use them temporarily. With winter weather in full swing, winds are becoming stronger. The shelter could lift up and in the process scratch your car big time.

this is truth!

i work for a marquee/pop up tent company and we strongly advise against people using them as permanent shelters due to the reason sated above. in saying that, i did a repair job on one that had been set up for nearly 2 years. it was in a caravan park by the beach. it lasted through numerous storms and the like

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:38 pm 

woot called em up today and they still don't know when to expect it but said that it should be coming today to there dealership fingers crossed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:44 pm 

Disapointing! :twisted: :evil: The car is currently on a boat! and should arrive in brisbane somtime tomorow, the guy said it takes around 7 to 10 days somtimes even less as customs have to check the car out first before they let it in! Guy said he would ring me back on the 29th to update me,

I hate this waiting game! lol I asked the guy if he could throw me in some free lollies he said he would see what he could do! I sure am expecting them!!

Also Just a general question in regards to driving down hills,

What's the best method to use? light breaking or use of Low Gear, This is for an automatic,

I've been told use low gear to slow yourself down? as using the break will wear it down so engine breaking is better? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:27 pm 

Quote:
the guy said it takes around 7 to 10 days somtimes even less as customs have to check the car out first before they let it in!

because suzuki japan are sooo likely to be bringing semi-automatic weapons and a variety of illicit substances to Australia by hiding it in their cars... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:35 am 

Jeez you are lucky, only a week. I waited around 6 weeks, and there are others who have waited even longer as well!

Just messing with you, it always sucks when you have to wait for something you've paid for. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:46 am 

hrmm anyone willing to comment on the thing with breaking?

a friend of mine said
Quote:
If your going down a hill, it would be far better to shift down otherwise your going to heat the brakes up bad if you have to ride them down a hill

Another says
Quote:
Rule of thumb:

Brake pads are cheaper to replace than gearboxes.

And one more says!
Quote:
You're not going to be using the car for racing so use the brakes. Brake pads are meant to wear out so use them! :) They're not expensive or hard to replace.

Also I asked the guy if there is any free extra's I could get on my car because I had to wait, he said nup, So I've asked him to throw in some free lollies! He said he'll have a look around for me! SUCSESS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:01 am 

Gomo wrote:
hrmm anyone willing to comment on the thing with breaking?

a friend of mine said
Quote:
If your going down a hill, it would be far better to shift down otherwise your going to heat the brakes up bad if you have to ride them down a hill

Another says
Quote:
Rule of thumb:

Brake pads are cheaper to replace than gearboxes.

And one more says!
Quote:
You're not going to be using the car for racing so use the brakes. Brake pads are meant to wear out so use them! :) They're not expensive or hard to replace.

Also I asked the guy if there is any free extra's I could get on my car because I had to wait, he said nup, So I've asked him to throw in some free lollies! He said he'll have a look around for me! SUCSESS!

With regards to braking (not breaking ;)) going down hills you are better off changing down a gear than riding the brake. It's not just a matter of wearing the brake pads out, but you will over heat them and they will become useless until they cool down. That's if you are driving in a hilly area. Just make sure you are keeping an eye on your revs and make sure your engine is not redlining all the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:10 am 

Gomo wrote:

You seem more excited about the lollies than the car. tell you what, i'll get you some lollies if you give me the car :D :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:24 am 

hahah NO! :D lol... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:40 am 

Gomo wrote:
hahah NO! :D lol... :P

Was worth a try :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:32 pm 

LonePhantom wrote:
Jeez you are lucky, only a week. I waited around 6 weeks, and there are others who have waited even longer as well!

Just messing with you, it always sucks when you have to wait for something you've paid for. :)

lol no s**t, i waited 10 weeks for mine!!

upgrading to 17" doesnt effect the ride, well not enough to say "wtf?", if anything it makes the car more firmer on the road as opposed to the wimpy stock wheels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:36 pm 

Update!! Received today,

The shipment some cars are contaiminated with forign seeds and customs is doing stuff to resolve the issue so for now my car is stuck! :)

I'm soo annoyed at this waiting game... I was told I would get the car before the 5th now it's a still unsure date! Dealership tells me to ring suzuki if you want to know more information on my delayed car at the brisbane dock!

What a joke,, I'll just cry in the corner now... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:00 pm 

Spoke to suzuki australia today! :)

I was kindly informed that over 500 Suzuki swifts are possibly contaminated by plant matter and other stuff from plants tree leaves and stuff, Dammit japan! why didn't you cover the cars! lol..

Anyway the guy said that possibly tomorow they will be starting to get the cars off the ship and clean out throughly CUSTOMS request! every car! wow what a job is all I can say!
The dude I spoke with got my contact info and is gonna call me on any updates as he gets them! Yippie!

He said there are auctually a few people a wee bit annoyed about waiting :) but oh well the wait will be a good one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:50 am 

Spoke to Suzuki this morning who are happy to inform me that all cars are cleared off the boat and have been cleaned and are now being sent out to dealerships! :)

I'm ringing my dealership dude to find out where mine is!! Tomorrow! Hope I can repost here with good news! This wait is just bugging me every single day!! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:25 am 

mate gomo, now is the time to push the dealer to give u a set of fog lamps for the delays! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:54 am 

dude! I tried previously no luck! But I am getting free lollies hahha! i asked him lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:00 am 

lol u can. My dealer said he would fit a set of fog lamps for me if there were any delays for my swift, and thats after I talked them into giving me a set of alloys :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next