It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Brand New Suzuki Swift 07 Black Purchased
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:04 pm 

:lol: Well Well Look where I am! :) Yep that's right Bought my first Car on Saturday and passed my driving test on Monday!
I purchased a black Brand new Suzuki Swift Automatic for $18,750 I Got no extra's I tried my best :) Was there talking for 3hrs =]
Just thought I would sign up here and get info from the site and all its users, I just have a few questions I wouldn't mind getting answers.

Paint Protection? I was asked if I would like it for $1990 I said no, Because I know from advise this is just aftermath sell up to recover from any loss from the car sale, Friends of mine say the car will be fine and I shouldn’t worry too much it won’t fade or anything until 3 years if not more! Does that sound right?
    Also I’m getting window tint from another dealership for $350 with lifetime warranty that sound like a good deal? I’m not sure how dark the tint is though what’s recommended?
    I was going to try and find myself a shelter to setup and have the car setup underneath it because at home we have 3 cars and only one spot for the car in the garage it’s a two door garage but typically it’s been transformed into a mini gym, Worth it? Or not?

[list]What’s the max size tire’s I can upgrade to? I was thinking of changing to 17â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:18 pm 

my black swift is a bi**h to keep clean, but in saying that... its looks the s**t compared to all other colours. (i lie, perl colour comes close)

i just recently got tints by tint-a-car for $290- midnight express... quite dark against the black, i was impressed.

ill let the others answer most of the others.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:37 pm 

you think black is bad to keep clean try keeping a yellow car clean and then there are the black mags.

Anways Gomo welcome to the forum all your questions will be answered.

Adele 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:19 am 

welcome welcome welcome :D I live on osuth brissy i have a pearl white and it hink its the shizzle against all you black owners...okay i am lying i secretly wish i had black but pearl white can make do :P hehehe

PS dont get chrome wheels

waiting to get flamed :shock:

jks :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:32 am 

hey mate. welcome to redline

im a sunny coaster! i too agree with jdm_swift... pearl white shits all over other colours hehehehe... and try n steer clear of chrome rims

in saying that, do what you want to your car. if you think its gonna work with your plans, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise

also, jdm_swift was trying to get a qld meet/cruise going a while back, but due to lack of interest is been pushed aside... maybe we should get it goin again. im keen as!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:35 am 

yeh same but i had to buy a new car so mods were pushed back im hoping for november so let me do my cosmetics first! Also got my plates :P 50UKY yew!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:37 pm 

hey hey... i have seen some black swifts around and with a nice dark tint they look hot...

I was told by this guy at Bob Jane that chrome wheels on a 4 cylinder can be a bit heavy once you go up to 17".. I have a Red Swift with 17" alloys and nice low profile tyres 40 i think and it look great.. (well i think so anyway) just find a high pulished alloy wheel and it should look as good...

The Suzuki S in the grill and on the back will really stand out on the hatch but i would remove the other 2 on the hatch.. I'll be doing that this weekend...

also any new car gets dirty to quick i think...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:02 pm 

seems as tho the brissy ppl with swifts are starting to come out and play. what you think you brissy and sunny coast ppl that we get together sometime soon?????? so we can meet, swap ideas, and see each others cars!!!

Post subject: Re: Brand New Suzuki Swift 07 Black Purchased
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:10 pm 

welcome to the site, i hope you find your stay enjoyable.

now as for you questions, i'll try lending a hand :) .....

Paint Protection? I was asked if I would like it for $1990 I said no, Because I know from advise this is just aftermath sell up to recover from any loss from the car sale, Friends of mine say the car will be fine and I shouldn’t worry too much it won’t fade or anything until 3 years if not more! Does that sound right?

i got paint protection and paid around $800 but had the tinting done for free, apparently it doesn;t really do that much, its a thin teflon coating which should keep the bird poo and UV rays from damaging and cracking the paint, i have waxed my car about 3 times since i bought it and apparently also this mean i have removed to protective coating now.

i was quite upset to learn that waxing removes the protection but after reading the info booklet i saw that its a good selling point, it fully transferable, does still cover the paint for lifetime against peeling, cracking and discolouration AND if i write-off the car, the price of the paint protection in included in what i'll get back and if the car is repaired it will be re-applied AT NO COST.

sorry for the long sentences but i had a lot to say :)

I was going to try and find myself a shelter to setup and have the car setup underneath it because at home we have 3 cars and only one spot for the car in the garage it’s a two door garage but typically it’s been transformed into a mini gym, Worth it? Or not?

yes worth it, constant rain, sun and whatever else the Australian climate throws at your car will ensure the paint will become bad very quickly, i was lucky enough to have my dad suggest we park my car in the garage and his ute outside :D

[b]What’s the max size tire’s I can upgrade to? I was thinking of changing to 17â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:16 pm 

yep! :) I wouldn't mind going out and meeting everyone else haha lots of fun! Plus we would all have the same cars and look all pimpin! :)

I've been told from a friend I should get my tinting done from these guys http://www.tintplus.com.au/automotive/auto_tint/auto_tint.html Costs about $350 same as dealership but they can also do a darker tint for $395! Hrmm How dark is darK! :)

Also so far no ones replied about my thing with paint protection read up ^^^ :)

Still waiting on my car my dealership is full of lies and hate! they don't even know! I hate this waiting game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:20 pm 

lol thanks for the reply rob! =]

Now to my point where should I search for a tent! shelter for the car? :) I've checked super cheap and bunnings but no go..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:24 pm 

Gomo wrote:
yep! :)
Also so far no ones replied about my thing with paint protection read up

They were asking $1990? Surely they couldn't be serious? They were asking over 10% of the purchase price of the car just to put some coating on it? A coating that isn't necessary in the first place! Your paint will last much longer than 3 years! It's a modern car, not a 1970's Datsun!!!

And when it comes to tinting, I got a guy who tints for the dealers to do mine for $200. And he came to my house!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:26 pm 

ooo nice! set us up the connections :) :P I still need to figure out who's doing my tint! and just wanna know a few people before I go ahead with it, so long as there is lifetime warranty im good ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:29 pm 

Gomo wrote:
lol thanks for the reply rob! =]

Now to my point where should I search for a tent! shelter for the car? :) I've checked super cheap and bunnings but no go..

I do stock-take work at supercheap and they should have car tents for sure. I've seen them there. Maybe ask one of the assistants, they love answering questions, HAHAHA :)

The next best thing would be a car cover, they work well too but just the hassle of taking it off and on if you are a lazy person like me :P they are reletively cheap though and really durable.

Don't get the tinting done at a dealership, they will only put on the darkest LEGAL tint which in 35% I believe, anyone correct me? If you want the really blacked out look 5% would be what your looking at, defectable but it rarely happens. I don't want to be promoting illegal things on redline :twisted:

but yeh, I got it done at the dealership and its dark... but not that dark :(

hope this helps :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:31 pm 

Gomo wrote:
ooo nice! set us up the connections :) :P I still need to figure out who's doing my tint! and just wanna know a few people before I go ahead with it, so long as there is lifetime warranty im good ;)

try giving SOLACE a call, they are pretty cheap and give lifetime warranty against peeling, discolouration and bubbling :) and they should come to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:36 pm 

Got any links to them gogogadget? :) any websites or am I just suppose to google these things ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:39 pm 

Gomo wrote:
Got any links to them gogogadget? :) any websites or am I just suppose to google these things ;)

google works well :) but here you go, save you some bandwith...

http://www.sol-ace.com.au/

EDIT: sorry wrong URL :oops: its right now

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:50 pm 

[quote="gogogadget"][b]What’s the max size tire’s I can upgrade to? I was thinking of changing to 17â€

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:30 pm 

[quote="sexuki"][quote="gogogadget"][b]What’s the max size tire’s I can upgrade to? I was thinking of changing to 17â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:37 pm 

The ride is somewhat bumpier on 17", but not bad enough for any member not to recommend them.

Paint protection at two grand, bloody bargain! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:51 pm 

gogogadget wrote:

I do stock-take work at supercheap and they should have car tents for sure. I've seen them there. Maybe ask one of the assistants, they love answering questions, HAHAHA :)

Yes they had a tent but far out thats abit to big wouldnt you think? :P it was pritty cheap $129 i think, only problem was figuring out how to keep it on the ground? because it would be setup on the side bit of the driveway where theres hard gravel surface that was layed, how would u do it!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:34 pm 

These shelters are not designed to be permanent structures. It would be wise to use them temporarily. With winter weather in full swing, winds are becoming stronger. The shelter could lift up and in the process scratch your car big time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:58 am 

yeah true, this is why I have come to the conclusion not to worry any longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:27 am 

sexuki wrote:
These shelters are not designed to be permanent structures. It would be wise to use them temporarily. With winter weather in full swing, winds are becoming stronger. The shelter could lift up and in the process scratch your car big time.

this is truth!

i work for a marquee/pop up tent company and we strongly advise against people using them as permanent shelters due to the reason sated above. in saying that, i did a repair job on one that had been set up for nearly 2 years. it was in a caravan park by the beach. it lasted through numerous storms and the like

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:38 pm 

woot called em up today and they still don't know when to expect it but said that it should be coming today to there dealership fingers crossed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:44 pm 

Disapointing! :twisted: :evil: The car is currently on a boat! and should arrive in brisbane somtime tomorow, the guy said it takes around 7 to 10 days somtimes even less as customs have to check the car out first before they let it in! Guy said he would ring me back on the 29th to update me,

I hate this waiting game! lol I asked the guy if he could throw me in some free lollies he said he would see what he could do! I sure am expecting them!!

Also Just a general question in regards to driving down hills,

What's the best method to use? light breaking or use of Low Gear, This is for an automatic,

I've been told use low gear to slow yourself down? as using the break will wear it down so engine breaking is better? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:27 pm 

Quote:
the guy said it takes around 7 to 10 days somtimes even less as customs have to check the car out first before they let it in!

because suzuki japan are sooo likely to be bringing semi-automatic weapons and a variety of illicit substances to Australia by hiding it in their cars... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:35 am 

Jeez you are lucky, only a week. I waited around 6 weeks, and there are others who have waited even longer as well!

Just messing with you, it always sucks when you have to wait for something you've paid for. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:46 am 

hrmm anyone willing to comment on the thing with breaking?

a friend of mine said
Quote:
If your going down a hill, it would be far better to shift down otherwise your going to heat the brakes up bad if you have to ride them down a hill

Another says
Quote:
Rule of thumb:

Brake pads are cheaper to replace than gearboxes.

And one more says!
Quote:
You're not going to be using the car for racing so use the brakes. Brake pads are meant to wear out so use them! :) They're not expensive or hard to replace.

Also I asked the guy if there is any free extra's I could get on my car because I had to wait, he said nup, So I've asked him to throw in some free lollies! He said he'll have a look around for me! SUCSESS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:01 am 

Gomo wrote:
hrmm anyone willing to comment on the thing with breaking?

a friend of mine said
Quote:
If your going down a hill, it would be far better to shift down otherwise your going to heat the brakes up bad if you have to ride them down a hill

Another says
Quote:
Rule of thumb:

Brake pads are cheaper to replace than gearboxes.

And one more says!
Quote:
You're not going to be using the car for racing so use the brakes. Brake pads are meant to wear out so use them! :) They're not expensive or hard to replace.

Also I asked the guy if there is any free extra's I could get on my car because I had to wait, he said nup, So I've asked him to throw in some free lollies! He said he'll have a look around for me! SUCSESS!

With regards to braking (not breaking ;)) going down hills you are better off changing down a gear than riding the brake. It's not just a matter of wearing the brake pads out, but you will over heat them and they will become useless until they cool down. That's if you are driving in a hilly area. Just make sure you are keeping an eye on your revs and make sure your engine is not redlining all the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:10 am 

Gomo wrote:

You seem more excited about the lollies than the car. tell you what, i'll get you some lollies if you give me the car :D :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:24 am 

hahah NO! :D lol... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:40 am 

Gomo wrote:
hahah NO! :D lol... :P

Was worth a try :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:32 pm 

LonePhantom wrote:
Jeez you are lucky, only a week. I waited around 6 weeks, and there are others who have waited even longer as well!

Just messing with you, it always sucks when you have to wait for something you've paid for. :)

lol no s**t, i waited 10 weeks for mine!!

upgrading to 17" doesnt effect the ride, well not enough to say "wtf?", if anything it makes the car more firmer on the road as opposed to the wimpy stock wheels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:36 pm 

Update!! Received today,

The shipment some cars are contaiminated with forign seeds and customs is doing stuff to resolve the issue so for now my car is stuck! :)

I'm soo annoyed at this waiting game... I was told I would get the car before the 5th now it's a still unsure date! Dealership tells me to ring suzuki if you want to know more information on my delayed car at the brisbane dock!

What a joke,, I'll just cry in the corner now... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:00 pm 

Spoke to suzuki australia today! :)

I was kindly informed that over 500 Suzuki swifts are possibly contaminated by plant matter and other stuff from plants tree leaves and stuff, Dammit japan! why didn't you cover the cars! lol..

Anyway the guy said that possibly tomorow they will be starting to get the cars off the ship and clean out throughly CUSTOMS request! every car! wow what a job is all I can say!
The dude I spoke with got my contact info and is gonna call me on any updates as he gets them! Yippie!

He said there are auctually a few people a wee bit annoyed about waiting :) but oh well the wait will be a good one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:50 am 

Spoke to Suzuki this morning who are happy to inform me that all cars are cleared off the boat and have been cleaned and are now being sent out to dealerships! :)

I'm ringing my dealership dude to find out where mine is!! Tomorrow! Hope I can repost here with good news! This wait is just bugging me every single day!! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:25 am 

mate gomo, now is the time to push the dealer to give u a set of fog lamps for the delays! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:54 am 

dude! I tried previously no luck! But I am getting free lollies hahha! i asked him lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:00 am 

lol u can. My dealer said he would fit a set of fog lamps for me if there were any delays for my swift, and thats after I talked them into giving me a set of alloys :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:59 pm 

So much for good news! Dealership says all they know is the car is coming but have no idea when..

Awesome stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:32 pm 

Just spoken to dealership Still no car! :) yack yacked on for few minutes, Got a vin number but no engine number! :) He said to me normally he doesn't give out that information until the car is physically at his car yard, to ensure the numbers are matching, anyway said ok and got the vin from him anyway :)

Finished the call then called Mayfair's they are the guys who deal with the suzuki cars for Queensland, they asked for the last 6 digits of the vin, and could tell me here and then the cars still being cleaned, or in queue for cleaning,

Guy told me its possible the car could be finished tomorrow and invoiced to my dealership! but he said looking like next week!

Can't wait haha day 18 today on the wait for my swift..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:17 am 

Called dealership ppl first thing this morning, They tell me they will call me back...

An hr passed Called em back the guy goes to me I haven't had the chance to call the stock people yet to find out where you car is yet but i'll def call you back today! I still haven't even got a VIN or Engine number to put through on my application for insurance and my finance! Spoken with other dealerships who have received 4 more swifts last monday off that same boat mine was on,

Spoke to a friend who received her swift today! and still no updates on mine..!!

Grrr.. Day 23 now..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:54 am 

With all the stuffing around you've had I would pull the pin, demand a refund and go to another dealer. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:53 pm 

Gomo, what dealership did you buy from??

I had plenty of hassles getting my swift too, I got my on Dec 7 after 2 months!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:02 pm 

i fear that if u pull the pin now the stuffing may start all over again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:08 pm 

hey gomo what dealership did u go to again? I went to keema and I got mine like a week after signing the deal, and that is with the alloys and weather shields fitted to my azure pewter swift. The guy actually told me if there is a delay he might get me a set of fog lamps :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:26 pm 

Zupps at brownsplains!

Happy news to report, the car has been invoiced as of today and they will have delivery of my car on thursday! morning or afternoon But this is 100% confirmed I'm assured! after that I'll get my Insurance and finance complete should take less then a day for that and Should be driving by sat or sunday..

Far out I hated this waiting game and hope it's come to an end! grrr! :)

Just for the fun of it this is the email I sent him 3 days ago,

Quote:
the guy who hopes to see his black Suzuki swift sometime soon!

I just was wondering how much fuel you guys put in the cars when I drive it off the yard? If it’s not that much, as a sign of good gesture I was curious if you would fill the tank up completely? And maybe my bag of all natural lollies? Snakes would be perfect. I know for a fact that you did say previously when I asked during the beginning if you would be able to throw in some free extras and you said no but I’m sure your willing to reconsider.

I know I have waited ages and I’m not too fond of that idea and that you have told me you expected to see the car much sooner then what it’s been now.

One thing bothers me is the same dealership who I could of gone with same price and also had stock on the car, inform me today that they have received 3 Suzuki swifts that arrived on Monday!! And these were the swifts that needed to be cleaned up by customs because of the forign seeds yadda yadda.. While it’s none of your business really in knowing what other dealerships have done, I’m confused as to why I am still waiting and still have no delivery date!.

I’ve been contacting the Mayfair guys a few times to try get some more updates on my car and they always seem to be able to provide me with a little more up to scratch then you can usually provide,

Hopefully you can update me a little bit more when I call sometime tomorrow. It will be day 21 on the wait tomorrow! While I know others have had to wait ages on this car, I wasn’t very happy after signing the contract papers and then finding out days later you guys had no stock in the car! After being told differently on the day!

Sorry if I sound a little upset but that’s me.

Look forward to calling you,

Thanks,
Nathan

Last edited by Gomo on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:27 pm 

keke that means i can ask u out the week after next to have a shake down run at nebo :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:28 pm 

lol what the heck is nebo? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:29 pm 

Mt Nebo and Mt Glorious :D nice mountain roads to "slowly ease ur engine into shape" *cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:40 pm 

oh nice is that even in queensland lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:41 pm 

yes very close actually ^^ and since i am gonna start bush walking the week after next, double bonus!!! (mind u, ive been talking about bush walking for like.... 3 months now, but work and uni at the same time is killing me) :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:34 am 

Gomo wrote:
Zupps at brownsplains!

Happy news to report, the car has been invoiced as of today and they will have delivery of my car on thursday! morning or afternoon But this is 100% confirmed I'm assured!

With all due respect Nathan, nothing is ever 100% confirmed with Zupps! They have a crap reputation. Good luck...you'll need it!

Quote:
Mt Nebo and Mt Glorious nice mountain roads to "slowly ease ur engine into shape" *cough*

I've driven them a few times and LOVE them!! Tight corners, beautiful scenery and if you keep driving down the other side of the range you come out at Wivenhoe Dam, which used to have more water than Sydney Harbour...before our drought hit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:48 pm 

Just got myself Tom Tom XL this thing is awsome! First thing coming off my car is the zupps sticker, are they hard to get off? :) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:23 pm 

i swear after so long a wait u can try twisting their arm for a set of fog lamps, no harm trying :P and u should have bargain for free sat nav too :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:14 pm 

telva wrote:
i swear after so long a wait u can try twisting their arm for a set of fog lamps, no harm trying :P and u should have bargain for free sat nav too :twisted:

I waited for just as long as you and hit them for a car alarm and got it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:02 am 

Car arrived yesterday afternoon,

Dealership faxing thru invoice on the car first thing 8:00am! to my finance ppl who then fax thru to me my contracts 20 pages! I then sign em and fax em back should be good to pickup car! Soo hopefully Can pickup car on friday or saturday or monday even,

Provided my insurance goes thru the same day! Fingers crossed! :P :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:30 pm 

Confirmed! :) Pickup 11am Monday morning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:01 pm 

Gomo wrote:
Confirmed! :) Pickup 11am Monday morning

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:26 pm 

they say only half tank will go into it, but lucky for me i've got someone to yell at em for me ;) Half a tank of petrol with dealer delivery costing me $1,750! half a tank of petrol haah gosh...

=oImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:34 pm 

I got a full tank to the brim from Keema without me saying anything at all :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:22 am 

wow sad.. well just one more day togo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:34 pm 

Car runs awesome! Love it, Taking one hr drive upto this mountain I forget it's name but will know of it when i go tomorow with friends tomorow Very exciting stuff! Had one angry road rage lady up my butt last night at set of lights, I steped on my breaks a few times to flash my red at her haha, she rolled back her car and when the lights went green she was up my butt for a while! =[

Damm crazy people

P.S!
:P Cars come with the girls woot!

For record purposes I was after talks given free bag of snakes =] as well as full tank of fuel! My car has 67km on speedo! and the tank is still full

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:21 pm 

Haha! Could the person I spoke with face to face own up ;) you know who you are! Yellow swift owner ;)

Very interesting to know just how local some people are on here!

Well I haven't done over 400km yet! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:23 pm 

Your gonna love the first scratch you see on your car. :lol:

I know I did. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:28 pm 

Yeah I got one allready! I'll go take a photo of it now it's tiny as though only someone like me would notice lol! didn't take long.

Hrmm I could of sworn I had one, maybe I didn't lol I remember rubbing it the other day and it like came off most of the scratch.. It's night time now and obviously it's very tiny scratch where ever it might be =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:14 pm 

my plans for it's future later on include 17 inch wheels / sub / tint / racing stripe!

I just filled up tonight for the first time ever!! the fuel light did go on before I got to the petrol pump =] but still my odo meter is currently at 439km! pritty decent before my first fill up =]

Probably could earn more km's if I didn't do my usual fast starts there and then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:55 pm 

Are your other plans to start more threads where you are the only poster?
:lol:
Its kind of like a blog

Your fuel economy will get better as your motor runs in champ :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:52 pm 

lol sorry haha! Hey does anyone know if I leave my swift unlocked and the doors closed will it automatticly lock itself after set period of time?? just allways has me thinking to press that lock button one to many lol..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:03 am 

Gomo wrote:
lol sorry haha! Hey does anyone know if I leave my swift unlocked and the doors closed will it automatticly lock itself after set period of time?? just allways has me thinking to press that lock button one to many lol..

My 72 y.o. grandma does the same thing :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:40 pm 

Thats why there are two buttons, a lock and an unlock. You can press lock as many times as you like. And it will not lock it self either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:33 pm 

serious? I've unlocked my car whilst standing outside of it and not opening the door and it just locks itself again. Good to know the immobilisor is working mines all stock :) it should do just give it a try it should in about 2 minutes. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:18 pm 

The doors will relock in 30 seconds if not opened after unlocking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:55 am 

:lol: i couldn't remember a time frame so i said 2 minutes thanks for that harribolman lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:30 pm 

mine don't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:07 pm 

Well Today I got Paint Protection! good price too $650 plus a $50 free kit with protection product stuff for all sorts of things like 4 different bottles worth!

Got Tint on my car now Darkest Legal tint! :) Yippie!

Now 48hrs to go till i can use my windows! :P Will deffinately not use them till 3 days or more! just to be safe

http://picasaweb.google.com/gomoau/MyBl ... 6294249458

Took some smick looking photos of my swift parked out front my place

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:20 pm 

Parked my car at this place near the gold coast today came to pick it up and drive off but found this car parked next to me..

I love the wheels! :P Does anyone know how much a set would cost im guessing lots? and these look like 17's am I correct

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:42 am 

How dare they!

Haha don't you hate it when a nicer swift parks next to yours! :lol:

They are Advanti medusa 14's. Yes you are correct they are 17's. If in doubt look at the tyre wall. There is a set on ebay right now brand new with rubber for $1100

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/17-x-7-ADVANTI-M ... dZViewItem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:08 pm 

I just picked up my new red Swift yesterday. Awesome stuff but I noticed a few differences?

My rear lights look a bit different and it doesn't have the Suzuki badging. Only has the S and the Swift on the rear.

The guy at the dealer ship did say that it was the newest model available so maybe that has something to do with it? Ill post pictures when I get a chance.
It only had 3kms on it when I picked it up. wooT !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:51 pm 

ytfiws wrote:
How dare they!

Haha don't you hate it when a nicer swift parks next to yours! :lol:

They are Advanti medusa 14's. Yes you are correct they are 17's. If in doubt look at the tyre wall. There is a set on ebay right now brand new with rubber for $1100

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/17-x-7-ADVANTI-M ... dZViewItem

Wow nice but abit expensive, also need a brissie dealer.. screw paying $140 to just get em posted over here :)

Thanks for the link though! I think I need to work on some neat sub plus amp on my swift first.. :)