It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Brand New Suzuki Swift 07 Black Purchased
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:04 pm 

:lol: Well Well Look where I am! :) Yep that's right Bought my first Car on Saturday and passed my driving test on Monday!
I purchased a black Brand new Suzuki Swift Automatic for $18,750 I Got no extra's I tried my best :) Was there talking for 3hrs =]
Just thought I would sign up here and get info from the site and all its users, I just have a few questions I wouldn't mind getting answers.

Paint Protection? I was asked if I would like it for $1990 I said no, Because I know from advise this is just aftermath sell up to recover from any loss from the car sale, Friends of mine say the car will be fine and I shouldn’t worry too much it won’t fade or anything until 3 years if not more! Does that sound right?
    Also I’m getting window tint from another dealership for $350 with lifetime warranty that sound like a good deal? I’m not sure how dark the tint is though what’s recommended?
    I was going to try and find myself a shelter to setup and have the car setup underneath it because at home we have 3 cars and only one spot for the car in the garage it’s a two door garage but typically it’s been transformed into a mini gym, Worth it? Or not?

[list]What’s the max size tire’s I can upgrade to? I was thinking of changing to 17â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:18 pm 

my black swift is a bi**h to keep clean, but in saying that... its looks the s**t compared to all other colours. (i lie, perl colour comes close)

i just recently got tints by tint-a-car for $290- midnight express... quite dark against the black, i was impressed.

ill let the others answer most of the others.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:37 pm 

you think black is bad to keep clean try keeping a yellow car clean and then there are the black mags.

Anways Gomo welcome to the forum all your questions will be answered.

Adele 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:19 am 

welcome welcome welcome :D I live on osuth brissy i have a pearl white and it hink its the shizzle against all you black owners...okay i am lying i secretly wish i had black but pearl white can make do :P hehehe

PS dont get chrome wheels

waiting to get flamed :shock:

jks :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:32 am 

hey mate. welcome to redline

im a sunny coaster! i too agree with jdm_swift... pearl white shits all over other colours hehehehe... and try n steer clear of chrome rims

in saying that, do what you want to your car. if you think its gonna work with your plans, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise

also, jdm_swift was trying to get a qld meet/cruise going a while back, but due to lack of interest is been pushed aside... maybe we should get it goin again. im keen as!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:35 am 

yeh same but i had to buy a new car so mods were pushed back im hoping for november so let me do my cosmetics first! Also got my plates :P 50UKY yew!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:37 pm 

hey hey... i have seen some black swifts around and with a nice dark tint they look hot...

I was told by this guy at Bob Jane that chrome wheels on a 4 cylinder can be a bit heavy once you go up to 17".. I have a Red Swift with 17" alloys and nice low profile tyres 40 i think and it look great.. (well i think so anyway) just find a high pulished alloy wheel and it should look as good...

The Suzuki S in the grill and on the back will really stand out on the hatch but i would remove the other 2 on the hatch.. I'll be doing that this weekend...

also any new car gets dirty to quick i think...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:02 pm 

seems as tho the brissy ppl with swifts are starting to come out and play. what you think you brissy and sunny coast ppl that we get together sometime soon?????? so we can meet, swap ideas, and see each others cars!!!

Post subject: Re: Brand New Suzuki Swift 07 Black Purchased
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:10 pm 

welcome to the site, i hope you find your stay enjoyable.

now as for you questions, i'll try lending a hand :) .....

Paint Protection? I was asked if I would like it for $1990 I said no, Because I know from advise this is just aftermath sell up to recover from any loss from the car sale, Friends of mine say the car will be fine and I shouldn’t worry too much it won’t fade or anything until 3 years if not more! Does that sound right?

i got paint protection and paid around $800 but had the tinting done for free, apparently it doesn;t really do that much, its a thin teflon coating which should keep the bird poo and UV rays from damaging and cracking the paint, i have waxed my car about 3 times since i bought it and apparently also this mean i have removed to protective coating now.

i was quite upset to learn that waxing removes the protection but after reading the info booklet i saw that its a good selling point, it fully transferable, does still cover the paint for lifetime against peeling, cracking and discolouration AND if i write-off the car, the price of the paint protection in included in what i'll get back and if the car is repaired it will be re-applied AT NO COST.

sorry for the long sentences but i had a lot to say :)

I was going to try and find myself a shelter to setup and have the car setup underneath it because at home we have 3 cars and only one spot for the car in the garage it’s a two door garage but typically it’s been transformed into a mini gym, Worth it? Or not?

yes worth it, constant rain, sun and whatever else the Australian climate throws at your car will ensure the paint will become bad very quickly, i was lucky enough to have my dad suggest we park my car in the garage and his ute outside :D

[b]What’s the max size tire’s I can upgrade to? I was thinking of changing to 17â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:16 pm 

yep! :) I wouldn't mind going out and meeting everyone else haha lots of fun! Plus we would all have the same cars and look all pimpin! :)

I've been told from a friend I should get my tinting done from these guys http://www.tintplus.com.au/automotive/auto_tint/auto_tint.html Costs about $350 same as dealership but they can also do a darker tint for $395! Hrmm How dark is darK! :)

Also so far no ones replied about my thing with paint protection read up ^^^ :)

Still waiting on my car my dealership is full of lies and hate! they don't even know! I hate this waiting game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:20 pm 

lol thanks for the reply rob! =]

Now to my point where should I search for a tent! shelter for the car? :) I've checked super cheap and bunnings but no go..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:24 pm 

Gomo wrote:
yep! :)
Also so far no ones replied about my thing with paint protection read up

They were asking $1990? Surely they couldn't be serious? They were asking over 10% of the purchase price of the car just to put some coating on it? A coating that isn't necessary in the first place! Your paint will last much longer than 3 years! It's a modern car, not a 1970's Datsun!!!

And when it comes to tinting, I got a guy who tints for the dealers to do mine for $200. And he came to my house!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:26 pm 

ooo nice! set us up the connections :) :P I still need to figure out who's doing my tint! and just wanna know a few people before I go ahead with it, so long as there is lifetime warranty im good ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:29 pm 

Gomo wrote:
lol thanks for the reply rob! =]

Now to my point where should I search for a tent! shelter for the car? :) I've checked super cheap and bunnings but no go..

I do stock-take work at supercheap and they should have car tents for sure. I've seen them there. Maybe ask one of the assistants, they love answering questions, HAHAHA :)

The next best thing would be a car cover, they work well too but just the hassle of taking it off and on if you are a lazy person like me :P they are reletively cheap though and really durable.

Don't get the tinting done at a dealership, they will only put on the darkest LEGAL tint which in 35% I believe, anyone correct me? If you want the really blacked out look 5% would be what your looking at, defectable but it rarely happens. I don't want to be promoting illegal things on redline :twisted:

but yeh, I got it done at the dealership and its dark... but not that dark :(

hope this helps :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:31 pm 

Gomo wrote:
ooo nice! set us up the connections :) :P I still need to figure out who's doing my tint! and just wanna know a few people before I go ahead with it, so long as there is lifetime warranty im good ;)

try giving SOLACE a call, they are pretty cheap and give lifetime warranty against peeling, discolouration and bubbling :) and they should come to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:36 pm 

Got any links to them gogogadget? :) any websites or am I just suppose to google these things ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:39 pm 

Gomo wrote:
Got any links to them gogogadget? :) any websites or am I just suppose to google these things ;)

google works well :) but here you go, save you some bandwith...

http://www.sol-ace.com.au/

EDIT: sorry wrong URL :oops: its right now

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:50 pm 

[quote="gogogadget"][b]What’s the max size tire’s I can upgrade to? I was thinking of changing to 17â€

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:30 pm 

[quote="sexuki"][quote="gogogadget"][b]What’s the max size tire’s I can upgrade to? I was thinking of changing to 17â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:37 pm 

The ride is somewhat bumpier on 17", but not bad enough for any member not to recommend them.

Paint protection at two grand, bloody bargain! :lol: